I find that having my bedroom be a reflection of my travels, comforting memories and favorite stories, keeps me calm and happy. It’s very easy to get wrapped up in life, work and even trivial things like gossip; but coming home to a beautiful room filled with tangible remains from personal experiences can help remind you of what you may already know but sometimes forget.
I have been obsessed with candles for as long as I can remember. I love how they can instantly bring light to any space or situation, and carry with it a sense of hope dressed in the most beautiful scent. My favorite candles are from Diptyque, Jo Malone, Le Labo, A Dose Of Something Good, Bath & Body Works, No-Mad (Indian), Niana (Indian) & Good Earth (Indian. Their quality isn’t spectacular in comparison to the other brands mentioned, but I do love the pretty glasses the candles come in).
P.S: When I was younger my father would voice that he hoped I marry a man that made creams or candles as a living, so as to cut down on this significant expenditure.
2. Plants And Flowers
Considering I love the outdoors and being with nature, I enjoy having a little piece of it in my bedroom. Besides, the addition of a healthy plant or a cluster of romantic flowers makes a space seem more aesthetically pleasing.
3. Coffee, Coasters, And CupsSeven Beans Coffee Company, The Indian Bean & Good old BRU coffee. Some of my favorite tea brands are: Pukka, Organic India, Conscious Food, Radhikas & No. 3 Clive Road.
4. Books And MagazinesCrime and Punishment, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, It’s Not How Good You Are It’s How Good You Want to Be, A Short Guide to a Happy Life, A Visit from the Goon Squad, Sita’s Curse, The White Tiger, Persepolis, Oh the Places You’ll Go! (My sister gifted me this Dr. Seus classic when I graduated college, and I love skimming through it whenever I feel unmotivated) & 17 Steps To Excellence For Youths (written by my dear Nana).
holistic practitioner of reflexology based out of Delhi. My Nana’s passion has passed on to my father, who enjoys collecting and trying out new acupressure-related devices and mats. My papa gave me this acupressure mat that stimulates blood circulation and our bodies’ pressure points, to aid in detox and maintain balance.
7. Cute, Quirky Objects
8. Photographs And Postcards
9. My Dog Whom I Sometimes Call Monkey
P.S: He regularly features on my Snapchat story! Follow me – ishikasachdev.
– For your convenience, by clicking on the underlined terms you will be redirected to the website where you can buy them or learn more about them.
– With the festive season approaching, check out this piece on personalized gifting solutions!